3 lbs. oxtail cut in 2inch slices (you can also use tripe or beef slices)
1 pc. small banana flower bud sliced
1 bundle pechay or bokchoy
1 bundle string beans cut into 2inch slices
4 pieces eggplants sliced
1 cup ground peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup Northbay Bagoong Sweet or Spicy (For Siding)
34 Ounces water about 1 Liter
1/2 cup annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water
1/2 cup toasted ground rice
1 tbsp garlic minced
1 pc. onion chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Put in the oxtail followed by the onions and simmer for 2.5 to 3 hrs. or until tender (35 minutes if using a pressure cooker).
- Once the meat is tender, add the ground peanuts, peanut butter, and coloring (water from the annatto seed mixture) and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the toasted ground rice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- On a separate pan, sauté the garlic then add the banana flower, eggplant, and string beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to the large pot (where the rest of the ingredients are).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8. Serve hot with our Northbay Bagoong Sweet or Spicy variant. Enjoy!