- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. minced young onion
- ½ tsp. minced lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- ½ an onion
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 salmon fillets (6 oz. each), skinned
1. For the sauce, combine plain yogurt, dill, onion, and zest and season with salt and pepper.
2. For the salmon, combine water, wine, lemon juice, dill sprigs, bay leaf, onion, and salt in a saucepan. Add salmon to pan, turn heat on to medium.
3. Poach the salmon for about 8 minutes until opaque then remove from heat, uncover and allow to sit in the liquid for another 5 minutes. Resting will help the fillets stay together when you remove them from the pan.
Tip: To keep the salmon from drying out, use cold water then turn on the heat.
4. Carefully remove fillets from pan and serve immediately with the dill sauce.