1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 pounds pork belly, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
5 tablespoons Northbay Bagoong Sweet
2 pcs. large eggplants
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup water
2 Green chili peppers, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add pork cubes and cook until they begin to brown and render fat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add Northbay Bagoong Sweet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with the back of the spoon, until softened and release juice.
- Add vinegar and simmer, uncovered and without stirring, for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, chili peppers, and sugar, if using. Stir to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until pork is fork-tender and sauce is reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with fried eggplant and steamed rice.